You know how I know I’m old? I’m carving out time on Saturday to make freezer meals. Because I’m sick of having crappy dinners because I’m too busy or too lazy to make anything good. Also dishes. Without a dishwasher I HATE doing dishes.
I’m going to make chili, spaghetti sauce, and vegetable soup. I want to make one other meal…but can’t figure out what. Have any suggestions?
I’m kind of wishing for this now because I’d love to just hibernate all weekend.
I have to go to a holiday ball on SUNDAY with Russell for school (it also includes an auction), and I don’t have anything to wear. The “dress code” (and I use that term loosely), is “fun. festive. formal. (black tie-optional).” Jesus, don’t even get me started on ambiguous/confusing dress codes like that. I’m not buying a long dress because NO, I will never wear it again. So I decided, like a normal person, to order a cocktail dress in 2 different sizes thinking: surely, one will work. NOPE. One is too big, one is too small. FML. So now I get to scour Cville for a stupid cocktail dress that I only have to wear for a few hours.
(Jcrew Factory Gigi to be precise) and I don’t know what to wear them with. They’re super comfy but I refuse to wear normal tops with them…where does one find slouchy long sweaters?! Help me be trendy.
Teaching in NYC public schools has to be one of the hardest civilian jobs out there. Kids are relentless, the Danielson teacher evaluations are ruthless and the constraints due to budgets and curriculum are mind-boggling. Urban kids are not given an equal chance to suburban kids and it sucks. BUT today I got to see a bunch of my girls practice with the step team at our school and seeing them working so hard and being so awesome?! Worth every ounce of the struggle. I love my students even though they test me nearly every minute of the day. To anyone reading this who is also a teacher, you know what I mean.
Only 12 more days until winter break!!
theleafofthetree asked: Hello! I am being considered as a Bilingual Education/Special Education candidate and headed to NYC for I'm interview this weekend. I was wondering if you had any advice for the interview day. I am pretty nervous for my 5-minute lesson. Thank you!
Firstly, congrats!!! My advice is to make sure your main focus is student achievement and a firm belief that all students are capable of success. If you believe this, it will show! Don’t sweat your lesson too hard, just make sure you get all the components required and PRACTICE!! I taped myself and it helped considerably. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions! Xx j
He’s on his way to Boston.
I need to pick up some for Russell for Christmas and I actually hate this task. I just need like 3-4 to smell and I’ll pick one.
Thanks for your suggestions! Here are some other good ones I found:
And here are some I’ve tried/love:
Spinach and artichoke dip (double the spinach and add more mozz to the top)
Sausage dip (looks disgusting, tastes effing delicious)
(alternatively titled: help me figure out what to bring to holiday parties)
Than when you unwrap a string cheese, shove it in your mouth to take a bite off and someone walks by and says hi?
It’s just fancy salt. Do I really need to return it?
(I’m going to try and make my own salted caramels for Christmas goodie bags)
And realized it was a gray hair.
Super glad I made my next hair appointment my first color appointment.
- Why is the week after vacation the worst?
- But seriously, why? I am so god damn tired/can’t stop counting the days until Christmas vacation.
- Russell got an interview offer at his top choice firm. YAYYYYY!
- OMG where will be be living in 18 months? (I think about this WAY too much).
- We’re already starting to tentatively plain a Euro-trip for when he graduates….18 months from now. When asked where I wanted to go, I listed off way too many European countries and he was all, um, pick 3-4. We’re definitely going to the Netherlands because I want to see the tulip fields and he wants to go back to Amsterdam. And to France because I want to eat pastries and drink wine. Yep.
- I cannot muster the motivation to workout lately. I was supposed to run for 30 minutes last night and came in after like 18. My ankle hurt, it was cold, and my neighborhood isn’t well lit/the sidewalks straight up randomly end, so I was over it.
- I’ve gotten the majority of our Christmas shopping done but there are a few people that I have no effing clue what to get for them.
- I really just can’t wait for Christmas so we can get out of town, relax and I can love on my new baby niece/rid myself of this minor baby fever.