Things I thought I’d accomplish by 27, at age 16:
- Graduate college
- Get married
- Have babies
- Not work and raise said babies
- Have a lot of money
- Have an enormous house and nice car
- Be a mature adult
- Take wild vacations
- Live the life
- Have it all figured out
Things I’ve actually done by 27:
- Graduated college and earned my master’s
- Got married
- NOT hopped on the baby train yet
- Worked my ass off at jobs where I do not get paid enough
- Have a car that I have 2 more years to pay off
- Own a condo that needs work
- Not be able to afford grandiose vacations
- Budget like a mofo
- Do not have life figured out. Never will.
- Realized I am a work in progress.
- Am not a mature adult. I mean…the previous post was about dog farts.
- Still though, I feel like I live the life.
I’m laughing at 16 year old me. But really? I’m pretty content with my current life. I am a work in progress and feel like I’m doing exactly what I should be doing. This next year will be an interesting one for Russell and me…big changes are ahead.
(Big changes do not mean babies. Stay tuned.)